LIST OF U. S. EXHIBITORS AND EXHIBITS
Group 140 - Paintings in Oil.
IN THE DEPARTMENT OF FINE ARTS
*PAINTINGS IN OIL*
Albright, A. E., Chicago.
149. Morning Glories.
Alexander, Henry, New York.
150. Chinese Interior.
Allen, Thomas, Boston.
152. Thoroughbreds. (Owned by Mrs. Thomas Allen, Pittsfield, Mass.)
153. Under the Willows.
154. Coming Through the Wood.
Allen, W. S., New York.
155. Evening at the Lake.
Amsden, William T., New York.
156. Spanish Meadows.
Anderson, David J., Woodridge, N. J.
Armstrong, Maitland, New York.
158. "White House," Point Aven, Brittany.
Baer, William J., New York.
159. Day Dream.
Baird, W. D., Paris.
160. Waiting Their Turn.
Baker, Ellen Kendall, Puteaux, France.
161. Sans Souci.
Baker, Mary K., Boston.
Baker, William Bliss (deceased).
163. Silence. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Barnard, E. H., Boston.
165. Portrait of E. H. B.
Bates, Dewey, Cookham Dene, Berkshire, England.
166. Spring. (Owned by Mrs. A. C. C. Bere, London.)
Beaux, Cecilia, Philadelphia.
167. Last Days of Infancy.
168. Portrait of a Boy.
Beck, Carol H., Philadelphia.
169. Portrait of Governor Pattison. (Owned by Hon. R. E. Pattison, Harrisburg, Pa.)
Beckwith, Carroll, New York.
171. Mr. Isaacson.
172. Portrait of Mis E. A. H. (Lent by Miss Hall, New York.)
Bell, E. A., New York.
173. Portrait. Study of a Lady in Gray.
Benedict, Enella, Lake Forest, Ill.
174. Brittany Children.
Benson, Frank W., Salem, Mass.
175. Figure in White.
176. Portrait in White.
177. Girl with a Red Shawl. (Owned by Mrs. David Kimball, Boston.)
Bicknell, Frank A., Paris.
178. An Old Apple Orchard.
179. Along the River Oise.
Bigelow, D. F., Chicago.
180. Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks.
Bisbing, Henry S., Paris.
181. On the River Shore.
182. Afternoon in the Meadow.
183. Lapsing Waves on Quiet Shore.
Blackman, Walter, Lonson.
184. A Capri Belle.
Blakelock, R. A.
185. Moonlight (Lent by W. M. Laffan, New York.)
186. Cloverdale. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Blashfield, Edwin H., New York.
187. The Angel with the Flaming Sword.
188. Christmas Bells. [Christmas Chimes]
Blenner, Carle J., New York.
191. Portrait of El Senor Don Roderigo de Saavedra. (Owned by Roderigo de Saavedra, Jr., Royal Spanish Legation, Washington.)
Bogert, George H., New York.
Boggs, Frank M., Paris.
194. Fishing Boats Going Out, Isigny, France. (Owned by James H. Dole, Chicago.)
195. Brooklyn Bridge.
Boston, Joseph H., Brooklyn.
196. Gladys. A Portrait.
Boughton, George H., Care of Messrs. Dunthorne, London.
197. An English Spring Day.
Boyden, Dwight Frederic, Paris.
199. The Pines of Mauve.
Bregler, Charles, Philadelphia.
200. Portrait of a Woman. (Owned by Mrs. Wm. Bregler, Philadelphia.)
Bridgman, F. A., Paris.
201. Passage of the Red Sea.
202. Women at the Mosque, Algiers.
203. In a Village at El Biar, Algiers.
204. Day Dreams.
Briston, J. B., New York.
205. Mount Chocorua, N. H.
Brooks, A. F., Chicago.
206. The Primrose Way.
Brouwer, T. A., Jr., East Hampton, Long Island.
207. Musk Melons.
Brown, J. Appleton, New York.
Brown, J. G., New York.
209. A Card Trick.
210. The Stump Speech.
211. Training the Dog.
212. Pull for The Shore. (Lent by Isidore Strauss, New York.)
213. Homeward bound. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
214. At the Old Cottage. (Lent by Gilbert Gaul, New York.)
215. When we Were Girls. (Lent by E. Asiel, new York.)
Brown, Matilda, New York.
216. An Unwilling Model.
Brown, Walter Francis, Venice.
217. Roscona, Sunrise.
Brown, Charles Francis, Chicago.
218. Old Poplar Trees.
219. Sand Dunes of Drummadoon, Arran.
220. Back from the Beach, Cape Ann.
221. On the Oise, France.
Brush, George de Forest, New York.
222. Mother and Child. (Lent by J. M. Sears, Boston.)
223. The Indian and the Lily. (Lent by C. D. Miller, Jersey City.)
224. The Head Dress. (Lent by H. H. Fay, Boston.)
225. The Sculptor and the King.
Bryant, Wallace, Boston.
Bunker, Caroline, Boston.
227. Study of Snowballs. (Owned by Mrs. F. D. Cross, Providence.)
228. Wheat Stacks, Afternoon Sunshine.
Bush-Brown, Mrs. M. Lesley, Newburg, N. Y.
230. Fragment of Mural Decoration for Music Room.
Butler, George B.
231. Girl with Tambourine. (Lent by W. C. Brownell, New York.)
Butler, Herbert, Chicago.
232. Hard Times.
Butler, Howard Russell, New York.
233. Seaweed Gatherers, Finistere, France.
Buttles, Mary, New York.
237. Peasant Woman of Alsace.
Cady, Henry N., Philadelphia.
238. Sunset at Narragansett Pier.
Cain, Neville, Louisville.
239. The Satyr and the Traveler.
Caliga, I. H., Boston.
240. Portrait. (Owned by Robert F. Herrick, Brookline, Mass.)
Cameron, Edgar S., Chicago.
241. In the Studio.
Candidus, Harry W. T., Munich.
Carl, Kate A., Paris.
243. Head of a Man.
Cauldwell, Leslie, Paris.
244. A Sun Bath.
245. A Breton Garden.
246. A Daugher of Eve.
Chapman, Carlton T., New York.
247. Five O'clock at St. Ives, England.
248. On Cape Ann. (Lent by Mrs. John Hutton, New York.)
249. At Anchor off Scheveningen. (Owned by Mrs. Harry Chase, St. Louis.)
250. The Battery Park. (Owned by Mrs. Harry Chase, St. Louis.)
Chase, William M., new York.
251. Lady in Pink.
252. Portrait of Miss L.
253. Alice. A Portrait.
254. Meditation. A Portrait.
255. Portrait of Mrs. E. Lent by Mrs. E.
256. Lilliputian Boats in the Park. (Lent by R. L.)
Church, F. S., New York.
257. Knowledge is Power. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
258. The Viking's Daughter. (Lent by John Gellatly, New York.)
Churchill, W. W., Boston.
Clark, Rose, Buffalo.
260. Mother and Child.
Clark, Walter, New York.
Clarke, Thomas Shields, Pittsburg.
262. A Fool's Fool. (Owned by Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts.)
263. Night Market, Morocco.
264. A Gondola Girl.
265. Portrait of Madame d'E.
Clawson, John W., Paris.
266. Santa Maria della Salute, Venice.
Clements, Gabrielle D., Philadelphia.
Clinedinst, B. W., New York.
268. The Water Colorist.
269. Monsieur's Mail.
Cobb, Arthur Murray, Giverny, France.
270. First Snow.
Cochrane, J. G., Boston.
271. Old Stone Stairway, Pont Aven, France.
Coffin, Elizabeth R., Brooklyn.
272. Hanging the Net.
Coffin, Esther L., New York.
Coffin, William A., New York.
274. A Pennsylvania Farm After a Thunder Shower.
275. Moonlight in Harvest.
276. Twilight. (Owned by John B. Ladd, Brooklyn.)
277. Early Morning. (Owned by W. Seward Webb, New York.)
278. Evening. (Owned by J. W. Lichtnauer, New York.)
279. September Breeze. (Owned by W. Seward Webb, New York.)
Cohen, George W., New York.
280. A Tale of the Sea.
Collins, Alfred Q., New York.
281. Portrait of Mr. Joe Evans. (Owned by Mr. Joe Evans, New York.)
Colman, Samuel, Newport.
282. Mexican Hacienda.
283. Mt. Tacoma from Puget Sound.
284. The Inner Gorge of the Grand Canyon of the Colorado.
Coman, Mrs. Charlotte B., New York.
285. The Road to Town.
286. A Stony Brook.
Conant, Lucy S., Boston.
287. The Orchid Meadow.
Connah, Douglas, John, New York.
288. Douglas John Connah. (Owned by Mrs. John Connah.)
Cooper, Colin C., Philadelphia.
289. Portrait of a Lady.
290. Portrait. (Owned by Gen. St. Clair A. Mulholland, Philadelphia.)
Corner, Thomas A., Baltimore.
291. Mother and Child.
Corwin, Charles O., Chicago.
293. Edge of the Clearing.
Couse, Eanger I., Paris.
294. My First Born.
295. Milking Time.
Cox, Kenyon, New York.
296. Painting and Poetry.
297. An Eclogue.
299. The Pursuit of the Ideal.
300. Music. (Owned by F. N. Finney, Milwaukee.)
303. Portrait of L. H. K. (Owned by Mrs. Kenyon Cox.)
304. A Solo.
305. Portrait of St. Gaudens. (Lent by Augustus St. Gaudens, New York.)
306. Flying Shadows. (Lent by Stanford White, New York.)
Cox, Louise (Louise H. King), New York.
307. A Rondel.
308. The Lotos Eaters.
Craig, Thomas B., New York.
309. Upland Pasture (Morning).
Cranch, Mrs. C. A., Boston.
310. Portrait of Mrs. E. D. Cranch. (Owned by Mrs. E. D. Cranch, Cambridge.)
311. The Harvest Field. (Lent by Andrew Carnegie.)
Cunningham, J. Wilton, Paris.
312. Caught in the Briars.
313. For My Rabbits.
Curran, Charles C., New York.
314. Winter Morning in a Barnyard. (Owned by Mr. George I. Tyson, New York.)
315. Salle de la Venus de Milo. (Owned by H. T. Shriver, New York.)
316. Sealing the Letter. (Owned by Mr. Henderson, Minneapolis.)
317. The Iris Bed. (Owned by Wm. S. Hollingsworth, New York.)
318. Early Morning in June. (Owned by Samuel T. Shaw.)
319. Winter Fog.
320. A Cabbage Garden. (Owned by Mrs. J. A. Hewlett, Brooklyn.)
321. Under the Awning.
322. A Dream.
323. A Breezy Day. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
324. A Corner in a Barnyard. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Dannat, Wm. T., Paris.
325. Spanish Women.
Davis, Charles H., Mystic, Conn.
327. Summer Morning.
329. On the New England Coast.
330. The Valley.
331. A Winter Evening. (Owned by Thomas E. Waggaman, Washington.)
Day, Francis, New York.
332. A Table d'Hote.
Dean, Walter L., Boston.
333. The Open Sea.
335. The Seiner's Return.
Dearth, Henry J., East Hampton, Long Island.
336. A Long Island Garden.
337. Autumn. (Owned by George G. Tillotson.)
De Camp, Joseph, Boston.
338. Carnation and Black.
De Crano, F. F., Philadelphia.
339. Mentone, France.
De Forest, Lockwood, new York.
340. Moonrise Among the Ruins of Palmyra.
De Haas, M. F. H., New York.
341. New England Coast.
Delachaux, Leon, Paris.
342. The Miller's Son.
343. The Mill in the Meadows.
Dellenbaugh, Frederick S., New York.
344. On the Moquis Cliffs, Arizona.
Deming, E. W., New York.
345. A Mourning Brave.
Denman, Herbert, New York.
346. The Trio.
Dessar, Louis P., Paris.
347. The Fishermen's Departure.
348. Evening. (Owned by Meyer Jonasson, New York.)
349. Study - French Peasant Girl's Head. (Owned by Meyer Jonasson, New York.)
Dewey, Charles Melville, New York.
350. The Prelude of Night.
351. Return of the Hay Boats. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
352. Shadows of the Evning Hour. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
353. The Hush of Day.
Dewing, T. W., New York.
354. Summer Twilight. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
355. A Musician. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
356. Lady in Blue. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
357. A Portrait. (Lent by Stanford White, New York.)
358. A Portrait. (Lent by Stanford White, New York.)
359. Portrait of W. M. Chase. (Lent by W. M. Chase, New York.)
360. The Days. (Lent by Miss A. W. Cheney and Miss Louise Cheney, South Manchester, Conn.)
Didier, Ida Joy, Allegheny, Pa.
Dielman, Frederick, New York.
362. A New York Arab. (Lent by William Semple, Louisville.)
Dillon, Julia, New York.
Dodson, Sarah P. Ball, Brighton, England.
364. Saint Thekla.
365. Honey of the Hymettus.
Dohn, Pauline A., Chicago.
366. What the Stork Brought.
Donoho, G., Ruger, New York.
367. La Marcellerie.
368. Explorers. (Owned by J. Hull Browning.)
Dow, Arthur W., Ipswich, Mass.
369. Marsh Islands.
Dube, Mrs. Mattie, New York.
370. Pumpkins and Onions.
Du Mond, Frank Vincent, New York.
371. Monastic Life.
372. Holy Family.
373. Christ and the Fishermen.
Du Mond, Fred Melville, Paris.
374. A Legend of the Desert.
Dunsmore, John Ward, Detroit.
Duvall, Fannie E., Los Angeles, Cal.
376. Chrysanthemum Garden in California.
377. Study of Onions.
Duveneck, Frank, Cincinnati.
378. Portrait of William Adams.
Dvorak, Frant, Chicago.
379. Mother's Pleasure.
Eakins, Thomas, Philadelphia.
380. Mending the Net.
381. Portrait of Prof. George S. Barker. (Owned by Prof. George S. Barker, Philadelphia.)
382. The Writing Master.
383. Portrait of a Lady. (Owned by Miss A. B. Van Buren, Detroit.)
384. The Sculptor. (Owned by William R. O'Donovan, New York.)
385. Portrait of Dr. Agnew. (Owned by University of Pennsylvania.)
386. The Crucifixion.
387. Cowboys at Home Ranch.
388. Portrait of William D. Marks. (Owned by William D. Marks, Philadelphia.)
389. Portrait of Dr. Gross. (Owned by Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia.)
Eakins, Mrs. Thomas, Philadelphia.
390. Reflection. (Owned by W. H. Macdowell, Philadelphia.)
Eaton, C. Harry.
391. Landscape. (Owned by Henry A. Rust, Chicago.)
392. Normandy Landscape. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
393. Autumnal. (Lent by J. D. Grant, San Francisco.)
Eaton, Charles Warren, New York.
394. Woods in Winter.
397. On the Maine Coast.
Elwell, D. Jerome, Boston.
398. Moonrise at Domberg, Zeeland, Holland. (Owned by St. Botolph Club, Boston.)
399. Bruges, Belgium.
400. The Moorlands, Cape Ann.
401. Country of Calmpthout, Belgium.
Emmet, Lydia Field, New York.
402. The Mere.
403. Noonday. (Owned by Miss A. B. Phelps, Wilkes Barre, Pa.)
Enneking, John J., Boston.
404. Salting Sheep.
405. October Twilight.
406. Autumn Afternoon.
407. South Duxbury Clam Digger.
Ertz, Edward, Paris.
409. Potato Gatherer.
Evans, E., Lehi, Utah.
410. Harvest. (Owned by J. Rachmiel, Paris.)
Evans, Mrs. M. E., Godfrey, Ill.
411. September Lane.
Evans, Joe, New York.
412. The Plainfield Road.
413. The Red Gate.
Fairchild, Lucia, Boston.
414. Portrait of a Boy with a Hat. (Owned by Mrs. C. Fairchild.)
Faxon, Wm. Bailey, New York.
415. Lady in Profile.
Fisher, Mark, Stockbridge, England.
417. A Hampshire Dairy. (Owned by Mr. McCulloch, London.)
418. Cattle Crossing a Stream.
419. Summer Afternoon.
420. A Small Holding.
421. Timber Wagon, Normandy.
423. Teste Valley Meadows.
424. Sorting the Flock.
425. Orchard, Normandy.
427. Cows in Orchard (Winter).
Fitz, B. R.
428. The Reflection. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
Flagg, Charles N., Hartford.
429. Mark Twain. (Owned by Samuel L. Clemens, Hartford.)
Forsyth, W., Indianapolis.
430. Edge of the Woods.
431. In the Garden. (Owned by Carl H. Lieber, Indianapolis.)
432. Landscape. (Owned by L Weisenberger.)
Foss, Harriet Campbell, New York.
433. A Flower Maker.
Foster, Ben, New York.
434. First Days of Spring. (Owned by James T. Pettus, New York.)
435. The Returning Flock.
436. A Maine Hillside. (Owned by James T. Pettus, New York.)
437. In Fountainebleu Forest. (Owned by J. F. Drummond, New York.)
Fowler, Frank, New York.
438. Portrait. (Owned by Dr. Nefterl, New York.)
439. Portrait of Wlater Shirlaw. (Owned by Walter Shirlaw, New York.)
440. Portrait. Girl in Black.
442. Portrait. Lady in White. (Owned by Mrs. Wm. A. Gowler, Brooklyn.)
443. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (1)
444. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (2)
445. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (3)
446. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (4)
447. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (5)
448. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (6)
449. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (7)
450. Figure Study for Ceiling, Hotel Waldorf. (8)
Fowler, Mary B. O., New York.
Fraser, John A., New York.
452. An English Spring Morning.
Freer, Frederick W., Chicago.
453. Portrait of Lady in black. (Owned by the Boston Art Club.)
454. Portrait. (Owned by Henry C. Champlin, Chicago.)
455. Gold Fish. (Owned by James C. Brooks, Chicago.)
Fry, John H., St. Louis.
Frye, Miss Gertrude, Philadelphia.
457. Portrait of G. E. (Owned by F. Evans, Philadelphia.)
Gardner, Elizabeth, Paris.
458. Soap Bubbles. (Owned by Arthur Booth, London.)
459. At the Water's Edge. (Lent by W. H. Tailer, Dobb's Ferry, N. Y.)
Gaugengigl, I. M., Boston.
460. The Rehearsal.
461. The Manuscript. (Owned by Wm. A. Slater, Norwich, Conn.)
462. The Hat. (Owned by Wm. F. Weld.)
463. The Love Song. (Owned by Tavern Club, Boston.)
Gaul, Gilbert, New York.
464. Charging the Battery. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
465. Silenced. (Lent by W. M. Chase, New York.)
Gay, Edward, Mt. Vernon, N. Y.
466. Mother Earth.
Gay, Walter, Paris.
468. A Gregorian Chant.
469. A Mass In Brittany.
470. Dominican Monk.
Gifford, R. Swain, New York.
471. The Cove Road. (Owned by the Detroit Club.)
473. The Seaweed Gatherers.
474. Over the Summer Sea.
475. Telegraph Station at Sandy Hook.
476. Salt Works Padan Aram.
477. The Rock of Gibraltar. (Lent by Mrs. H. E. Lawrence, New York.)
478. Landscape. (Lent by J. B. Wheeler, New York.)
479. Autumn. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
480. Nashawena. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
481. Sand Dunes. (Lent by Mrs. Robert. Carter, New York.)
Gill, Mariquita, Paris.
482. A Grey Day - Giverny.
483. A Midsummer Morning - Giverny.
Gill, Rosalie Lorraine, New York.
484. Twilight on St. Ives Bay.
485. Portrait of Miss Inglis.
Gilman, B. F., Philadelphia.
Goldman, Martha, Pittsburgh.
487. Study. Head.
Gottswald, F. C., Cleveland.
488. Sunday on the Docks.
489. Along the Docks.
Graves, Abbott, Boston.
Grayson, Clifford P., Philadelphia.
491. A Rainy Day at Pont Aven.
492. November. (Owned by the Art Club, Philadelphia.)
493. Idle Hours.
Green, C. A., Brooklyn.
Green, Frank Russell.
495. My Sweetheart. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Greene, Lillian, Boston.
496. A Brittany Landscape.
Greenwood, Joseph H., Worcester.
497. Autumn Oaks.
Grenet, Edward, levallois-Perret.
498. Evening Harmony.
499. Grandmother's Return.
501. Portrait Study.
Gross, P. A., Paris.
502. Essegney near Charmes, Vosges.
503. Road to the Spring.
504. A Rainy Day.
Grover, Oliver Dennett, Chicago.
505. Thy Will be Done.
Gutherz, Carl, St. Paul.
506. Light of the Incarnation.
507. Arcessita ab Angelis.
508. Temptation of St. Anthony.
Hale, Ellen Day, Boston.
509. Under the Vine.
Hale, Philip, Paris.
511. Old Woman Reading.
Hallowell, Maria, West Medford, Mass.
513. Portrait. (Owned by Miss. A. N. Hallowell.)
Hamilton, E. W. D., Boston.
Hamilton, John McLure, London.
516. The Rt. Hon. W. E. Gladstone at Downing St..
516. The Knitting Lesson.
Hammer, John J., New York.
518 Spring Flowers.
Hardie, Robert Gordon, New York.
519. Portrait of the Artist's Wife.
Harper, W. St. John, Easthampton, L. I.
520. Autumn, Easthampton. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
Harris, Charles X., New York.
521. The Mowers. (Owned by Frederick James, New York.)
Harrison, Alexander, Paris.
522. In Arcadia.
523. The Bathers.
524. Misty Morning.
526. Twilight. (Lent by St. Louis Museum of Fine Arts.)
Harrison, Birge, Paris.
527. The Surprise (in the Forest of Compeigne).
528. The Return of the Mayflower.
Hartwich, Herman, Munich.
529. Bleachery in Lombardy.
Harwood, J. T., New York.
530. Preparing Dinner.
Hasbrook, D. F., New York.
531. A Winter Morning in the Catskills. (Owned by E. W. Gillett, Chicago.)
Haskell, Ida C., New York.
532. Mother Love.
Hassam, Childe, New York.
533. Autumn Landscape.
534. On the Way to the Grand Prix.
535. Midsummer Morning.
536. Cab Station, Rue Bonaparte, Paris.
537. Snowy Day on Fifth Avenue.
538. Indian Summer. Madison Square.
Hatfield, J. H., Canton Jet, Mass.
539. The Doll's Bath.
540. A Letter from Papa.
Hayden, Charles H., Boston.
541. A Quiet Morning, October.
542. Cattle and Landscape.
543. Pasture Land, Connecticut.
Hayden, Edward Parker.
544. October Sunlight.
Haynes, C. Coventry.
545. At your Home.
545 1/2. Poplars.
546. Portrait. (Owned by Mrs. F. W. Haynes.)
Healy, G. P. A., Chicago.
547. Portrait of Adolphe Thiers. (Owned by Newberry Library, Chicago.)
Heberer, Charles, St. Louis.
548. End of November.
Helmold, Adele von, Philadelphia.
Henry, Edward L., New York.
550. The County Fair. (Owned by W. F. Havemeyer, New York.)
551. The Wedding Day. (Owned by Mr. Dickinson, Mt. Holyoke, Mass.)
Herter, Albert, New York.
552. Portrait of Mrs. H.
Hess, Lydia Purdy, Chicago.
553. Portrait of Miss E. H. (Owned by Miss Ena Hutchison, Mineral Point, Wis.)
Hetzel, George, Pittsburgh.
554. Wood Scene.
555. Study from Nature.
Hill, Roswell S., New York.
556. Young Girl Reading.
Hipple, Sarah Levis, Philadelphia.
557. Sardine Fishing Boats. (Owned by Mrs. F. K. Hipple, Philadelphia.)
559. Tulip Culture.
560. The Scarecrow.
Hitchcock, Lucius, Paris.
Hodgkins, Belle D., Salem.
562. Low Tide at Annisquam.
Holman, Frank, Paris.
564. Young Warrior.
Holme, Lucy D., Philadelphia.
565. A Holiday Occupation.
Homer, Winslow, Scarboro, Maine.
566. Dressing for the Carnival. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
567. A Great Gale. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
568. Camp Fire. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
569. Eight Bells. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
570. March Wind. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
571. Coast in Winter. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
572. The Two Guides. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
573. Sailors Take Warning (Sunset).
574. Hound and Hunter.
575. Lost on the Grand Banks.
576. The Fog Warning.
577. Herring Fishing.
578. Coast in Winter. (Lent by John G. Johnson, Philadelphia.)
579. Sunlight on the Coast. (Lent by John G. Johnson, Philadelphia.)
Horsfall, Bruce, Clinton, Iowa.
580. The Musical Hour.
Hovenden, Thomas, Plymouth Meeting, PA.
581. Breaking Home Ties. (Owned by George Harrison, Devon, Pa.)
582. Bringing Home the Bride.
583. When Hope was Darkest.
Howe, William H., Paris.
584. Return of the Herd.
585. Norman Bull.
586. Morning, Karton Hof Meadows, Holland.
587. Early Start to Market, Holland.
Howes, Edith W., Boston.
588. In the Orchard.
Howland, A. C., New York.
589. Fourth of July Parade. (Owned by W. H. Fuller, New York.)
Huntington, Daniel, New York.
590. The Goldsmith's Daughter.
592. Portrait of Hon. Seth Low.
593. Portrait of Elliott F. Shepard, Jr.
Inness, George, Montclair, N. J.
594. Sundown in the Lane. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
595. Threatening. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
596. End of the Shower. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
597. Nine O'clock. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
598. Sunny Autumn Day. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
599. Winter Morning. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
600. A Gray, Lowery Day. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
601. White Mountain Walley. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
602. September Afternoon. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
603. Twilight. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
604. Near Marshfield. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
605. Sunburst. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
606. Millpond. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
607. Delaware Valley. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
608. A Day in June.
Ipsen, Ernest, Boston.
609. Interior of a New England Blacksmith Shop.
Irwin, Benoni, New York.
610. Sweet Sixteen.
611. Portrait of Herbert Herkomer.
Isham, Samuel, New York.
612. Portrait of a Lady.
Ives, Percy, Paris.
613. Brittany Fishermen.
James, Frederick, New York.
614. An Impromptu Affair in the Days of "The Code."
Jamison, Henrietta L., Columbus.
615. The Lanterns.
Jenkins, H. T., Philadelphia.
617. Still Life.
Johns, Laura A., New York.
618. Apple Trees in Sunlight. (Owned by Mrs. H. C. Johns, Decatur.)
Johnson, Eastman, New York.
619. Portrait of Dr. Mccosh. (Lent by Alex. Maitland, New York.)
620. The Nantucket School of Philosophy. (Lent by E. D. Adams, New York.)
621. The Cranberry Harvest, Nantucket Island. (Lent by Auguste Richard, New York.)
622. Portrait of a Girl. (Lent by D. L. Einstein, New York.)
623. Two Men.
624. My Portrait.
Johnston, Humphreys, Paris.
625. Study in a Granada Garden.
626. Study of Breton Peasants (Late Afternoon).
627. Moorish Fountain in the Church of Santa Maria del Alhambra.
Jones, Francis, C., New York.
628. Exchanging Confidences. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
629. On the White Sand Dunes. (Lent by John Gellattly, New York.)
630. The Favorite Grandchild.
Jones, H. Bolton, New York.
632. The Flax Breaker. (Lent by R. J. Menefee, Louisville.)
633. Rent Day. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
634. Tattered and Torn. (Lent by Boston Art Club.)
Kavanagh, John, Cleveland.
Keith, Mrs. Dora Wheeler, New York.
636. Portrait of Lawrence Hutton. (Owned by Lawrence Hutton, New York.)
Keith, William, San Francisco.
637. Autumn Sunset.
Keller, Charles F., Munich.
638. Canal at Schleischeim, near Munich.
Kellogg, Alice D., Chicago.
640. The Mother.
Kendall, Wm. Sargeant, New York.
641. the Glory of Fair Promise.
642. Saint Yves, Pray for Us.
Ketcham, Susan M., New York.
643. Portrait of a Lady.
King, James S., Upper Montclair, N. J.
644. Evening Glow.
Knight, Arthur, Milwaukee.
645. Moonrise in Brittany.
Knight, D. Ridgway, Paris.
646. Hailing the Ferry. (Owned by the Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia.)
Koehler, Robert, New York.
647. The Strike.
648. The Carpenter's Family.
Kohler, Robert, New York.
649. At the Cafe.
Koopman, August B., New York.
650. Asking a Blessing.
651. The Orphans.
652. Dreaming of One Afar.
Kronberg, Louis, Boston.
653. Behing the Footlights.
LaFarge, John, New York.
654. Venetian Guitar Player.
655. Visit of Nicodemus to Christ.
656. Study of a Boy's Head. (Lent by Edward W. Hooper, Cambridge, Mass.)
657. Half of the Wise Men From the East. (Lent by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.)
Lamb, Ella Condie, New York.
658. The Advent Angel.
Lamb, F. M., Houghton, Mass.
659. End of the Trail.
Lambert, John, Jr., Philadelphia.
660. Portrait. (Owned by Mrs. Lambert, Philadelphia.)
661. A commissioner.
662. Landscape Midday.
Lampert, Emma E., Rochester.
663. Behind the Dunes.
664. A Hillside in Picardy.
Lathrop, Clara W., Northampton.
665. At the Flower Market.
Lee, Laura, Boston.
Leigh, William R., Munich.
667. End of the Play.
667 1/2. A New Acquaintance.
Loomis, Chester, Englewood, N. J.
Lorenz, Richard, Milwaukee.
Loring, Francis W., Florence.
671. A Great Bridge at Chioggia.
Low, Will H., New York.
672. A Portrait. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
673. Love Disarmed. (Lent by Gardiner G. Hubbard, Washington, D. C.)
674. A Woodland Glade.
675. In An Old Garden. (Lent by Dr. C. B. Kelsey, New York.)
Lownes, Anna, Philadelphia.
676. The Raven.
Lucas, A. P., Paris.
Lutz, Lewis C., Cincinnati.
678. Portrait of J. H. Gest. (Owned by Mrs. J. H. Gest.)
Lyman, Joseph, New York.
679. Sand Dunes at Annisquam, Mass.
680. Early Snow in the Adirondacks.
Macomber, M. L., Waverly, Mass.
681. Loe Awakening Memory. (Owned by Elizabeth Howell, Boston.)
682. The Annunciation. (Owned by D. P. Kimball, Boston.)
MacDowell, Elizabeth, Philadelphia.
683. Day Dreams. (Owned by Walter MacDowell, Philadelphia.)
MacMonnies, Mary Fairchild, Paris.
684. June Morning. (Lent by St. Louis Museum of Fine Arts.)
685. Tea al Fresco.
Major, Ernest L., Boston.
687. St. Genevieve.
688. Portrait. (Owned by Mrs. S. Clark, Williamstown.)
Marr, Carl, Munich.
689. Summer Afternoon. (Owned by Mrs. Hearst, Washington.)
690. The Flagellants.
Martin, Homer D., New York.
691. Behind the Dunes, Lake Ontario.
692. Mussel Gatherers at Villerville, Normandy. (Owned by F. L. Gunther, New York.)
693. Old Manor at Cricqueboeuf. (Owned by Dr. D. L. Stimson, New York.)
694. Head Waters of the Hudson. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Mathews, Arthur F., San Francisco.
Maynard, George Willoughby, New York.
696. Civilization. (Owned by the National Academy of Design, New York.)
697. Portrait of F. D. Millet. (Owned by F. D. Millet, New York.)
Maynard, Guy F., Chicago.
700. Looking Out. (Owned by P. C. Maynard, Chicago.)
701. Dutch Interior. (Owned by P. C. Maynard, Chicago.)
McComb, R. Lee, Paris.
702. Summer Time.
McCormick, M. Evelyn, San Francisco.
703. Afternoon, Old San Luis Rey Mission, Cal.
704. Morning at Giverny, France.
McEwen, Walter, Paris.
705. Judgment of Paris. (Owned by Albert A. Munger, Chicago.)
706. The Witches.
707. The Absent One. (All Soul's Day.)
708. Telling Ghost Stories.
McIlhenney, C. Morgan, Shrub Oak, New York.
709. On the Beach.
Meeks, Eugene, Florence.
710. Macaroni Hot.
711. Ready for the Chase.
Melchers, Gari, Paris.
713. The Sermon. (Owned by Potter Palmer, Chicago.)
714. The Pilots.
715. The Nativity.
717. Portrait of Mrs. H.
Merritt, Mrs. Anna Lea, Andover, Hampshire, England.
719. Love Locked Out.
720. Portrait of Mrs. Reginald De Koven. (Owned by Mrs. Josph Lea, Philadelphia.)
Metcalf, W. L., New York.
721. Tunisian Market. (Lent by H. R. Astor Carey.)
722. Road to the Village, Normandy. Summer Twilight.
Meteyard, T. B., Paris.
723. Iris Meadows.
724. Road at Giverny.
Miller, Charles H., New York.
725. The East River, New York.
726. A Gray Day on Long Island.
Millet, F. D., New York.
727. Antony Van Corlaer, the Trumpeter.
728. Old Harmonies.
729. Sweet Melodies. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
730. Rook and Pigeon. (Lent by H. McK. Twombly, New York.)
731. A Difficult Duet. (Lent by Mrs. C. M. Raymond, New York.)
732. At the Inn. (Lent by Union League Club, New York.)
733. Lacing the Sandal. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
734. The Window Seat. (Lent by Charles Fairchild, Boston.)
Minor, Robert C., New York.
737. The Close of Day. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
738. Stubborn. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
739. Searching. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Moore, H. Humphrey, Paris.
740. Japanese Musicians.
Moran, P. See 1153 1/2
Moran, Thomas. See 1152, 1153.
Moran, Edward, New York.
741. The White Squadron's Farewell Salute to Commodore John Ericsson.
742. The First Ship Entering New York Harbor.
743. Life Saving Patrol, New Jersey Coast.
Moran, Leon, New York.
744. Back from the Postoffice.
Morris, Jennie H., Moorestown, N. J.
745. A Corner in a Turkish Bazaar.
746. Still Life.
Mowbray, H. Siddons, New York.
747. Rose Harvest. (Lent by T. Helman, New York.)
748. Arcadia. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
749. Scheherazade. (Arabian Knights.) (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
750. The Evening Breeze. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Muhrman, Henry, London.
751. The Two Trees.
Munger, Gilbert, Paris.
752. The Rising Moon.
Munsell, Albert H., Boston.
753. The Sea.
754. Danger Ahead.
755. Beacon Hill in Winter.
Murphy, J. Francis, New York.
756. November Grays.
757. The Hazy Morn.
Needham, Charles Austin, New York.
758. Near Factory Hollow, Turner's Falls, Massachusetts.
759. Mott Haven, Canal, New York City.
760. Street in New York City.
Nettleton, Walter, Finistere, France.
762. Approach of Harvest Time.
763. December Sunshine.
764. Watching for the Return of the Fishing Fleet.
765. Teasel Gatherer.
766. left in Charge of the Farmyard.
767. A Dark Interior.
Newcomb, Mrs. Marie Guise, New York.
768. Sheep in the Clearing.
Newman, Carl, Philadelphia.
769. A Study. (Owned by Chas. M. Chabot.)
Nicoll, J. C., New York.
770. Sunlight on the Sea.
771. Will it Rain Tomorrow?
Niles, Edward Glover, Boston.
Norcross, Eleanor, Paris.
773. In My Studio.
Norton, S. Mary, Boston.
774. In the Locomotive Cab.
775. A Tea Party.
Norton, William E., London.
776. Moonlight on the River. (Owned by Williams & Everett, Boston.)
777. Return of the Herring Fleet, Holland.
778. A Moment's Rest.
779. Off the Dutch Coast.
780. Mid Channel.
Nourse, Elizabeth, Paris.
781. The Reader.
782. Good Friday, Rome.
783. A Family Meal.
Ochtman, Leonard, New York.
785. Harvesting by Moonlight.
786. Along the Mianus River.
Palmer, Walter L, Albany.
787. Autumn Morning Mist Clearing Away. (Owned by John G. Myers, Albany.)
788. An Early Snow.
789. January. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Pape, Frederic L. M., Paris.
790. Site of Ancient Memphis.
Parrish, Stephen, Philadelphia.
791. A Mountain Road.
792. An Orchard.
793. Winter Sunset, Cape Code.
794. Winter in New Hampshire.
Parshall, DeWitt, Paris.
796. The Cliffs of Ayerne.
Parsons, Orrin Sheldon, New York.
798. Lady in Black. (Owned by J. L. M. Hunt, New York.)
Parton, Arthur, New York.
799. Evening After the Rain. (Owned by George I. Seney.)
800. In the Month of May. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
Pattison, James Wm., Jacksonville, Ill.
Pauli, Richard (deceased)
802. Sunset in New Jersey. (Owned by Mrs. Pauli, Leonia, N. J.)
Paulus, Francis P., Munich.
803. A Rainy Day.
Paxton, Wm. M., Boston.
804. An Idyl.
Pearce, Charles Sprague, Auvers Sur Oise, France.
805. Mother and Child. (Owned by Hon. Lewis Emery, Bradford, Pa.)
806. The Annunciation.
807. The Shepherdess.
808. A village Funeral (Brittany).
809. Portrait of Mrs. P.
810. Portrait of Mrs. P.
Peck, Orrin, Arcis Strasse, Munich.
811. Love's Token. (Owned by Mrs. P. A. Hearst, Washington.)
Peixotto, George D. Maduro, Paris.
812. Portrait of a Child. (Owned by Senator J. P. Jones, California.)
Penfold, Frank C., Buffalo.
813. Herring Season, Pas de Calais.
Peralta, S. B. de, Boston.
814. In the Lilies.
Perry, Lilla C., Boston.
815. Portrait of a Child. (Owned by Roger Wolcott, Boston.)
816. Portrait of Alice.
817. Child in a Window.
818. Child with Violoncello.
819. Little Angele.
821. An Open Air Concert.
Perry, Roland Hinton, Paris.
822. Portrait of Mrs. Perry.
Peters, Clinton, Paris.
823. Portrait of Dr. George J. Bull. (Owned by Dr. George J. Bull, Paris.)
824. Portrait of Mlle. N. C.
Peyraud, F. C., Chicago
826. Autumn Morning.
Phelps, Helen Watson, New York.
Picknell, William L., New York.
828. Sunday Morning.
828a. Early Morning.
829. The Road to Concarneau. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
830. The Edge of Winter. (Lent by F. A. Hammond, New York.)
Pierce, Charles F., Boston.
831. A New England Pasture.
Platt, Charles A., New York.
832. Winter Landscape.
833. Early Spring.
Poore, H. R., Philadelphia.
834. The Bridge.
Pritchard, J. Ambrose, Boston.
Putnam, Sarah G.
837. Portrait. (Owned by Elizabeth R. Hooper, Boston.)
Ramsdell, F. Winthrop, Paris.
838. Twilight at Grez. (Owned by T. J. Ramsdell, Manistee, Mich.)
839. Portrait of Mrs. Reynolds. (Owned by T. J. Ramsdell.)
Raught, John Willard, New York.
840. The Highway, Brittany.
841. Gorse Cutters, Brittany.
Rehn, F. K. M., New York.
842. Where Waves and Sunshine Meet.
Reid, Robert, New York.
843. Vision of Sta. Angela d'Angant.
844. The Red Flower.
845. Portrait of Little Miss S. (Owned by Mrs. L. H. Stevens, New York.)
846. Her First Born.
Reinhart, C. S., New York.
847. Awaiting the Absent.
848. Washed Ashore.
Rice, Wm. M. J., New York.
851. Landscape, Evening Clouds.
Richards, Samuel, Denver.
852. Blissful Hours. (Owned by David Gebhart, Dayton, Ohio.)
853. The Hour of Prayer. (Lent by Mrs. L. Richards, Denver.)
Richards, William T., Newport.
854. February. (Owned by Edward H. Coates, Philadelphia.)
855. Old Ocean's Gray and Melancholy Waste. (Owned by Edward H. Coates, Philadelphia.)
Richardson, F. H., Boston.
856. Breton Widow at Prayer.
Robbins, L. Lee, Paris.
857. My Portrait.
858. My Mother's Portrait.
859. Before the Looking Glass.
Robins, Richard, Paris.
860. Decorative Panel.
Robinson, Theodore, Giverny, France.
861. The Layette.
862. Winter Landscape. (Lent by J. M. Lichtenauer, New York.)
863. Roman fountain.
Rolshoven, Julius, Paris.
864. A Spanish Dancer.
865. Hall in a Doge's Palace, Venice.
866. Two Types, Sotto Maria, near Venice.
Rook, Edward F., Paris.
867. Moonrise (Normandy).
Rose, Guy, New Yokr.
868. The End of the Day.
869. Potato Gatherers.
870. Food for the Laborers.
Rosenthal, Toby, Munich.
871. A Dancing Lesson of Our Grandmothers.
Rudell, P. E., Greenwich, Conn.
872. A November Day.
Ryder, Henry Orme, Auburndale, Mass.
874. Old Breton Farmhous. (Evening.)
Sargent, John S., London.
875. Mother and Child. (Owned by Edward Davis.)
876. Portrait of Ellen Terry as Lady Macbeth. (Owned by Henry Irving, London.)
878. Study of an Egyptian Girl.
879. Portrait of Mrs. Inches.
880. Portrait. (Owned by F. S. Pratt, Worcester, Mass.)
881. Portrait. (Lent by Augustus St. Gaudens, New York.)
882. Portrait. (Lent by Mr. Dunham, New York.)
883. Portrait. (Lent by E. F. Shepard, New York.)
Sartain, Emily, Philadelphia.
Sartain, Wm., New York.
885. Sand Dunes of Annisquam.
886. Nubian Sheik.
Schilling, Alexander, New York.
887. A Day in Spring. (Owned by Alexis Ludwig, Leonia, N. J.)
888. Landscape. (Owned by A. Ludwig, Leonia, N. J.)
Schwill, William, Munich.
889. Nearer, My God, to Thee.
Scott, Frank Edwin, Paris.
890. Parisian Street Scene.
Scott, Jeannette, Paris.
Senat, Propser L., Philadelphia.
892. On the Nile near Beni Hassan.
893. In the Gulf of Ajaccio.
Sewell, Mrs. Amanda Brewster, New York.
894. Pleasures of the Past.
896. Portrait of Mrs. Boudinot Keith. (Owned by Mrs. J. M. Wheeler, New York.)
897. Washing Place in the Gatinais.
898. Portrait of Mother and Son.
899. A Sylvan Festival.
900. By the River.
Sewell, Robert, V. V., New York.
901. Diana Hunting.
902. Boys Bathing.
904. In Shanty Town.
905. Sea Urchins.
Sharp, J. H., Cincinnati.
906. Going to the Race.
Shepley, Annie B., New York.
907. The Wonderful Story.
Sheppard, Warren, Brooklyn.
908. The Restless Sea. (Owned by T. S. Fassett, Tonawanda, N. Y.)
Shields, Thomas W., Brooklyn.
909. Cavalier, Time of Louis XIII.
Shirlaw, Walter, New York.
910. Tuning the Bell.
911. Sheep Shearing in the Bavarian Highlands.
912. Rufina. (Owned by Century Association, New York.)
Shurtleff, R. M., New York.
913. Looking East at Sunset.
914. In Autumn Woods.
Simmons, Edward E., New York.
915. Early Moonlight Upon Bay St. Ives.
916. Darby and Joan.
917. The Carpenter's Son.
Singer, Winaretta, Paris.
918. Spring Study.
Slade, Emily, New York.
919. Portrait of Miss C. C. C.
Smedley, W. T.
920. Embarrassment. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Smillie, George H., New York.
921. Mill Pond at Ridgefield, Conn.
922. A Lush Place. (Owned by Washington Wilson, New York.)
923. From West Mountain, Conn.
Smith, De Cost, New York.
924. Sioux Lovers. (Owned by E. Reuel Smith, New York.)
925. Driven Back.
Smith, E. Boyd, Auvers Sur Oise, France.
926. Return From the Fields.
Smith, Frank Eugene, Munich.
927. Portrait of My Brother. (Owned by F. L. Smith, New York.)
Smith, Henry P., New York.
928. Landscape at Waterford, Conn.
929. Old Oaks at Waterford. (Owned by Latham A. Fish, Brooklyn.)
Smith, J. Francis, St. Louis.
930. Young Girl of Feuillee.
Sonntag, Wm. L., New York.
931. Mt Jefferson and Mt. Adams, White Mountains.
Steele, T. C., Indianapolis.
932. On the Muscatatuck.
Stephens, Alice Barber, Philadelphia.
934. Rainy Day Effect in Philadelphia.
935. Harvesting on the Meadow.
Stewart, Jules L., Paris.
937. On the Yacht Namouna, Venice, 1890. (Owned by Mrs. Henry P. Borie, Philadelphia.)
938. Venice. (Owned by James Gordon Bennett, Paris.)
939. Portrait of the Viscountess de Gouy d' Arcy. (Owned by the Viscountess de Gouy d' Arcy, Paris.)
940. Portrait of the Baroness Benoist Mechin. (Owned by the Bar Benoist Mechin, Paris.)
941. The Hunt Ball. (Owned by Essey Club, Newark.)
Stokes, F. W., Philadelphia.
942. The Orphans.
Story, Julian, Paris.
943. Mlle. De Sombreuil (Episode of the Revolution).
944. Portrait of My Father.
945. Portrait of Mme. Eames Story.
Strickler, John R., Brooklyn.
Stone, J. M., Boston.
948. A Summer Dream.
Sword, J. B., Philadelphia.
949. Off the Scent.
Taggart, George, Watertown, N. Y.
Tarbell, Edmund C., Boston.
951. Girl and Horse.
952. In the Orchard.
Thayer, Abbott H., Scarboro, N. Y.
954. Virgin Enthroned. (Lent by J. M. Sears, Boston.)
955. Portrait of a Lady. (Lent by Miss C. F. Stillman, New York.)
956. Brother and Sister. (Lent by A. A. Carey, Boston.)
Theriat, C. J., Paris.
957. Young Girl Spinning (Biskra).
958. An Arab Goat Herd.
959. Banks of the Ain Mlili.
960. Waiting for Supper.
961. Path in the Oasis of Briskra.
Thomas S. Seymour, Paris.
962. An Innocent Victim.
Thompson, Wordsworth, New York.
963. The Deserted Inn.
964. In the Sweet Summer Time. (Lent by George H. Babcock, Plainfield, N. J.)
Thouron, Henry, Philadelphia.
965. A Precious Bit.
966. Up Hill. (Owned by Miss Moss, Philadelphia.)
967. Resting. (Owned by Mrs. E. A. Thouron, New York.)
969. A Rainy Prospect. (Owned by Howard Hancock, Philadelphia.)
970. Patches - Soup. (Owned by Caleb Cresson, Philadelphia.)
Throop, Frances Hunt, new York.
971. Spring Carnations.
972. Portrait of a Lady.
Tiffany, Louis C., New York.
973. Market at Nuremberg.
974. Market at Nuremberg.
Toaspern, Otto, New York.
Tolman, Stacy, Boston.
976. The Etcher.
Tompkins, Clementina M. G., New York.
977. A Beginner in Art.
Tompkins, F. H., Boston.
978. Mother and Child. (Owned by Boston Art Club.)
979. Good Friday.
Towner, Flora L., Albany.
Tracy, John M., Hempstead, L. I.
981. Southern Field Trails, 1891. (Owned by C. Klackner, New York.)
Trego, William T., North Wales, Pa.
982. The Pursuit. (Lent by J. B. Wheeler, New York.)
Trotter, Mary K., New York.
Tryon, D. W., New York.
985. Autumn. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
986. Sunset at Sea. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
987. Rising Moon, Autumn. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
988. Springtime. (Owned by C. L. Freer, Detroit.)
989. Morning. (Owned by John Newell, Chicago.)
Tryon, D. W., New York.
990. Starlight. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
991. Night. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
992. October. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
993. Winter Evening. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
994. Evening. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
995. The Rising Moon. (Lent by Charles L. Freer, Detroit.)
996. A Winter Afternoon.
997. December - A Salt Marsh.
Turner, C. Y., New York.
998. The Coppersmith.
999. John Alden's Letter.
1000. The Days That Are No More.
1001. Saw Wood and Say Nothing.
1002. Pride of the Farm.
1003. Washing Day.
1004. The Grand Canal, Dordrecht. (Lent by John Taylor Johnston, New York.)
1005. Courtship of Miles Standish. (Lent by Henry C. Howells, Flushing, L. I.)
1006. Afternoon Tea. (Lent by Chester W. Chapin, New York.)
1007. Gossips. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
1008. On the Beach at Easthampton. (Lent by W. M. Chase, New York.)
Turner, Ross, Boston.
Twachtman, J. H., Greenwich, Conn.
1010. Autumn Shadows.
1012. Brook in Winter.
1013. The Brooklyn Bridge. Chas. Scribner's Sons, New York.
1014. Decorative Landscape.
Tyler, Bayard H., New York.
Tyler, James G., New York.
1016. Norman's Woe. (Owned by J. M. Jones, New York.)
Ulrich, Chas. F., Munich.
1017. An Italian Idyl.
1018. In the Land of Promise. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
1019. Glass Blowers. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Vail, Eugene L., Paris.
1020. On the Thames.
Van Boskerk, Robert W., New York.
1021. A Rhode Island River.
1022. The Hackensack Meadows.
Van Boskerk, R. W., New York.
1023. Sand Road from the Sea. (Owned by H. R. C. Watson, New York.)
Van Briggle, A., Cincinnati.
1024. Portrait of Mrs. Charity Van Briggle.
Vanderpoel, J. H., Chicago.
1025. Summer Morning in the Orchard.
1026. Portrait of a Lady.
1027. Twilight Reverie.
1028. Blessed are They that Mourn.
1029. Weary. (Owned by C. L. Hutchinson, Chicago.)
Van der Weyden, Harry, Paris.
1030. Katwijk Herring Boats.
Van Elten, Kruseman, New York.
1031. Late Autumn.
Van Gorder, L. E., New York.
1032. The Mall Terrace, Central Park.
Vedder, Simon Harmon, Paris.
1033. Head of a Young Girl.
1034. Indian Head.
Vedder, Elihu, Rome.
1035. Delilah. (Lent by Col. J. G. Moore, New York.)
1036. Samson. (Lent by Col. J. G. Moore, New York.)
1037. Morning. (Lent by J. B. Wheeler, New York.)
1038. A Venetian Model. (Lent by Davis Johnson, New York.)
1039. The Cup of Love. (Lent by A. F. Rondebush, New York.)
1040. The Young Marsyas. (Lent by A. F. Rondebush, New York.)
1041. A Soul in Bondage. (Lent by A. F. Rondebush, New York.)
1042. In the Lair of the Sea Serpent. (Lent by the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.)
1043. The Roe's Egg. (Lent by Martin Brimmer, Boston.)
1044. The Fisherman and the Genie. (Lent by Martin Brimmer, Boston.)
Vezin, Fred, Munich.
1046. Boys in a Boat.
Vincent, H. A., Chicago.
1047. Fields in October.
Vinton, Frederick P., Boston.
1048. Portrait of a Lady.
1049. Portrait of Augustus Flagg. (Owned by Augustus Flagg, Boston.)
1050. Portrait of Theodore Chase. (Owned by Theodore Chase, Boston.)
1051. Portrait of C. C. Langdell.
Volk, Douglas, Minneapolis.
1052. Mending the Canoe.
1053. Portrait of Madam X.
1054. Puritan Girl. (Lent by Thomas B. Clarke, New York.)
Vonnoh, Robert W., Philadelphia.
1055. Bad News.
1056. Early Morning.
1059. Moist Weather.
1060. Portrait of Dr. J. M. DaCosta. (Owned by Jefferson College, Philadelphia.)
1062. Duxbury Bay.
1063. Riva degli Schiavoni.
1064. A Dull Day.
1065. "Now, Behave Pretty."
1066. Studio Comrade. (Owned by Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.)
Wade, Caroline D., Chicago.
1067. Portrait of a Lady.
Wagner, Jacob, Boston.
1068. Over all the Trees is Rest.
1069. A Bit of a Lark.
Walden, Lionel, Paris.
1070. Boulogne Fishing Boats. Fog on the Thames.
Walker, Henry O., New York.
1071. Hagar and Ishmael.
1072. Boy on the Donkey. (Owned by Mrs. S. D. Warren, Boston.)
1073. The Gift Bearer. (Owned by Miss E. H. Bartol, Boston.)
Walker, Horatio, New York.
1074. A Stable Interior.
Walkley, D. B., Pittsburg.
1075. The Potter. (Owned by W. A. Shaw, Sharpsburg, Pa.)
Wall, A. Bryan, Pittsburg.
1076. Across the Meadow.
Wallace, Laurie, Omaha.
1077. Portrait of James W. Scott. (Owned by Chicago Press Club.)
Waugh, Ida, Philadelphia.
1078. Hagar and Ishmael. (Owned by Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.)
Webber, C. T., Cincinnati.
1079. The Underground Railroad.
Weber, Carl, Philadelphia.
1080. Trout Stream near Dingman's Ferry.
Weeks, Edwin Lord, Paris.
1081. Two Hindoo Fakirs. A Souvenir of The Ganges.
1082. Three Beggars of Cordova. (Owned by Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia.)
1083. Persian Horse Dealers.
1084. Study at Bombay.
1085. Marble Court at Agra.
1086. Interior of Studio.
Weir, J. Alden, new York.
1088. Christmas Tree.
1090. The Young Student.
1092. The Lane.
1093. The Open Book.
1094. Portrait of Webb Weir.
Weir, John F., New Haven.
1095. Portrait of Admiral Farragut. (Lent by University Club, New York.)
1096. Forging the Shaft.
Wentworth, L. E.
Whelpley, A. Renouf, Munich.
1098. Portrait of Mlle. Hausen. (Owned by Mlle. Hausen, Brunswick.)
Whistler, J. McNeil, Paris.
1099. The Lady with the Yellow Buskin. (Owned by Alexander Reid, Glasgow.)
1100. The Princess of the Land of Porcelain. (Owned by Alexander Reid, Glasgow.)
1101. The Fur Jacket. (Owned by Alexander Reid, Glasgow.)
1102. Nocturne, Valparaiso. (Owned by Hon. Sir John Charles Day, London.)
1103. Harmony in Blue and Silver. (Owned by J. J. Shannon, London.)
1104. Portrait. (Lent by A. J. Cassatt, Philadelphia.)
White, Henry C., Hartford.
1105. Spring Landscape.
White, Robert H., Camden, N. J.
1106. Morning in February.
Whiteman, S. Edwin, Baltimore.
1107. Over Autumnal Hills.
1108. Lowland Pastures.
Whitman, Sarah W., Boston.
1110. Portrait of Oliver Wendell Holmes. (Owned by College of Physicians, Philadelphia.)
Whittemore, William J., New York.
1112. Autumn Sunshine.
Whittredge, W., New York.
1113. Rhode Island Coast.
1114. The Plains. (Lent by the Century Club, New York.)
1115. The Old Hunting Ground. (Lent by J. W. Pinchot, New York.)
Wickenden, Robert J., New York.
1116. Whispering of Spring.
Wigand, Albright, Mt. Vernon, N. Y.
1117. Portrait of Mrs. J. Albright.
Wigand, Otto C., Mt. Vernon, N. Y.
1118. The Old Willow Tree.
Wiggins, Carlton, New York.
1119. Clouds and Sunshine. (Owned by Chas. E. Dingee, Brooklyn.)
1120. Midsummer. (Owned by John Dingee, Brooklyn.)
1121. Evening. Village of Grez. (Owned by Mrs. Charles Kurtz, New York.)
Wiles, Irving R., New York.
1122. Sunlight in the Studio. (Owned by Charles D. Miller, Jersey City.)
1124. Sunshine and Flowers.
1125. The Sonata. (Owned by W. G. Evans, New York.)
1126. Lady in Green.
1127. A Girl in Black. (Lent by W. M. Chase, New York.)
Wiles, L. M., New York.
1128. The Old Quarry.
Witt, J. H., New York.
1129. The Celestial Choir.
Woodbury, Charles Herbert, Boston.
1130. North Sea Dunes.
1131. The Tide River.
Woodward, William, New Orleans.
Woodwell, Johanna K., Pittsburgh.
1133. Study Head of a Young Girl.
Woodwell, Joseph R., Pittsburgh.
1134. White Rocks, Magnolia, Mass.
1135. A Rocky Coast, Magnolia, Mass.
1136. Cobblestone Beach, Magnolia, Mass.
1137. Rocks at Low tide, Magnolia, Mass.
Woolfolk, E. Marshall, Paris.
1138. Washerwomen, Nemours, France.
Wuerpel, H., Paris.
1139. September Twilight. (Owned by Wm. Taussig, St. Louis.)
Wyant, A. H. (deceased.)
1140. A North Woods Brook. (Lent by Thomas b. Clarke, New York.)
1141. Landscape.(Lent by Thomas b. Clarke, New York.)
1142. Sunset in the Woods. (Lent by J. M. Lichtenauer, New York.)
1143. In the Adirondacks. (Lent by W. T. Evans, New York.)
1144. Sunset. (Lent by Fred. B. Pratt, Brooklyn.)
1145. Forenoon in the Adirondacks. (Lent by Mrs. A. L. Wyant, New York.)
1146. In the Woods. (Lent by Mrs. A. L. Wyant, New York.)
1147. An October Day. (Lent by Mrs. A. L. Wyant, New York.)
1148. Clearing Off. (Lent by Mrs. A. L. Wyant, New York.)
1149. Evening. (Lent by Mrs. A. L. Wyant, New York.)
Young, Charles Morris, Gettysburg, Pa.
1150. Wet Weather.
1151. The Harvest of Death (Wheatfield at Gettysburg).
Moran, Thomas, New York.
1152. Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
1153. The Iceberg.
Moran, Peter, Philadelphia.
1153 1/2. Down the Arroyo to Santa Fe.